We're happy to announce that operations in all markets will resume on the week of May 18, 2020. With the spread of COVID-19 still top-of-mind, we have implemented new measures to ensure that our customers and cleaners remain safe during and after house cleaning appointments.
Here is what to expect from us when your service resumes:
- Face masks will be worn during cleanings
- Stringent hand sanitization and hygiene will be followed
- Cleaners who display any symptoms, have recently travelled, or have been in contact with someone at risk of COVID-19 will be asked to quarantine until such time as it is safe
- Cloths, equipment, and other tools will not be used from home to home without proper sanitization
- Extra emphasis will be placed on disinfecting "high-touch" areas such as doorknobs, light switches, and other surfaces
- Physical distancing will be practiced
- We have developed internal systems to track both customer and cleaner instances of illness to ensure safety
While we take you and your family's safety very seriously, we are also working hard to ensure our cleaners have a safe working environment.
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please cancel your appointment if:
- You feel sick or have any symptoms of being sick (fever, coughing, headache, nausea, lack of taste/smell, etc.)
- You have recently been in contact with someone who has travelled or has been exposed to COVID-19
- You or someone in your household works a job that is high-risk to COVID-19 exposure
- Canceling is completely fine, but please try to provide us as much lead-time as possible
- During your cleaning, please follow these guidelines:
- Open windows (if possible) prior to and during your appointment to ensure optimal airflow
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines, and if possible avoid being in the same room as your cleaner while they work
- Please ensure all pets are controlled so that they cannot come into physical contact with your cleaner
- Please make an effort to tidy objects and have them out of the way prior to your cleaning
We also realize that it's been a while since your house has been cleaned and it's probably more "lived-in" than it previously has been. As such, we strongly recommend adding extra time to your first couple appointments to compensate for the additional work needed to get your home back to its former glory!
Please note that if your cleaner arrives to your home and you are sick, displaying symptoms, have recently travelled, and/or are not able to provide an environment where physical distancing is possible, we reserve the right to stop the appointment and charge the full amount.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and thank you so much for your patience through these tough times!
- The Mopify Team